Wednesday, December 23, 2009

- A C A D E M I C S - G R A D E S

... Grades are in... ... not all students are happy with what Santa brought. This reporter experienced it first hand in my Acting 121 class with Dawson Nichols. After attempting to clear the matter with Dawson I find myself in the awkward position of having to petition the Dean to review my grade. In an email I received from Dawson today, he threatens that I should not attempt to revisit my grade or he may lower the grade further. Here is his text from the email. . .
"If you’d like to talk about your grade next quarter I’d be happy to do so. I would caution you against it, however. I feel that I have been lenient with you and extremely generous with this grade. If you would like me to revisit it I reserve the right to adjust it down as well."
... I find the implied threat offensive and unprofessional. I will be meeting with the department head on Monday and will let everyone know what happens. . .
... ... - Matt Harrison, Editorial board

No comments:

Post a Comment